Mission, Values & Strategy
Near West Theatre builds loving relationships and engages diverse people in strengthening their sense of identity, passion, and purpose, individually and in community, through accessible, affordable and transformational theatre arts experiences.
• Accessibility • Affordability • Artistic Excellence • Continuity of Relationships • Creativity • Inclusion• Integrity • Love • Social Justice
Strategic Plan 2019–2021
Goal 1: Deliver Transformational Experiences and Services
NWT will provide inclusive, transformational, mission-rich theatre arts experiences through deep, broad engagement and promotion in the community.
- (A) Artistic Vision & Mainstage Productions | Create productions that reflect NWT’s legacy of exceptional performances through mission-driven artistic direction.
- (B) Programs & Capacity | Deliver high-quality programs and events that reinforce NWT’s multigenerational mission.
- (C) Promotion of NWT’s Mission & Story | Promote NWT’s story and mission through innovative marketing strategies to increase awareness, expand fundraising, and broaden participation.
- (D) Participants & Community | Formalize organizational commitment to reaching diverse, intergenerational audiences & participants.
GOAL 2: Strengthen NWT Infrastructure
NWT will cultivate a stronger organization by investing in its facility, technology, staffing, and leadership infrastructure
- (A) Facilities & Technology | Enhance existing facilities & invest in technology that will help NWT to operate efficiently and effectively.
- (B) Staff Talent & Board Leadership | Empower, develop, and align staff talent and establish high-performing governance system to support implementation of the strategic plan.
- (C) Financial Health & Sustainability | Attract and increase resources that support the mission and sustain the organization.